The most skillfully constructed initiatives have the potential for failure simply because of the time and attention required to facilitate change management and new strategies.
Organizations rely more and more on non-dues revenue sources from events, and without a consistent and reliable performance, leadership may be forced to reduce staff or make budget cuts, putting tremendous pressure on the event team to produce more with less. EAG enables our clients to realize their goals by providing expert leadership and execution support that can enable your team to achieve success.
Until now, organizations had only two options: execute their events with limited resources and temp staff and hope for the best, or outsource the management of the event to a 3rd party, losing control of the brand and member/exhibitor relationships as well as a good portion of revenue generated from the event. EAG recognized a need for a different type of event support by organizations.
EAG works alongside your event team, providing expert leadership guidance, implementation tools and approaches, and execution support on new initiatives or areas where your team needs more help, ensuring your event team achieves goals and overcomes challenges.
We ‘connect the dots’ between departments and processes, helping staff members to better collaborate and support each other to achieve financial targets as well as event objectives. Together, we review progress, anticipate pitfalls and proactively adjust the course of the plan as needed to ensure that the established goals for the event are always in sight.
EAG can provide guidance and support in these critical areas:
- Sales: Sales management leadership and lead generation guidance to help increase exhibit booth space and sponsorship sales, as well as specific project support, including lead generation campaigns, prospect database growth, onsite space draw management and priority point system strategies, and floor plan management.
- Branding: Reimagine your event brand with a strong brand identity, mission statement, vision and visuals.
- Website Development: Develop a new website or redesign a site so it is secure, search optimized and responsive, improving online brand presence, search page rankings, website traffic and lead capture.
- Marketing: From attendee marketing campaign design to strategies that will improve registrations and retention, EAG can support your efforts to increase attendance, deliver an expanded audience of quality buyers and create better engagement with peers and exhibitors.
- Education Programming: Design education content that is aligned with market needs and attendee targets and personas is critical to delivering the right audience for exhibitors and can improve attendance and revenues. EAG can help guide the education team and committee with strategic content planning, abstract and speaker management processes, speaker identification and recruiting and other areas.
- Operations: Selecting the right location and venue for your event is critical to its success, yet many organizations select location based on costs or internal decisions. EAG can help your organization select locations and venues right for your audience and event budget. EAG can also assist the internal operations team with hotel/convention center and vendor contract negotiations and logistics and meeting planning management.
- Technology: New technology can save time, costs and help teams to achieve goals, but too often organizations struggle with implementation and never fully realize the value of their investment. EAG helps organizations identify the right event and business solutions and navigate the change management process to ensure adoption and success, including:
- Event management (online exhibit contracting & payment processes, sponsorship management, floor plan management, etc.)
- CRM for sales and database management
- Speaker and abstract management
- Content management (abstract management, awards, sponsorship fulfillment, show directory management, etc.)
- Registration and lead retrieval
- Marketing automation platforms, social media management and website content management systems
- Business matchmaking and appointment scheduling
- Engagement technology – chatbots, AI, beacons, kiosks, etc.
- Virtual event solutions, including live stream sessions and keynotes, exhibit hall, meeting rooms, and other virtual offerings
Instead of hiring consultants that spend time learning about the event business before they provide any value, EAG has the in-depth experience in every aspect of events and can provide expert advice, sound strategies and ideas, and execution support that will ensure your team achieves established goals and improves event results.
Knowing that “tune-ups” to the plan may be required, new obstacles may arise, or your organization wants to launch a new event, EAG remains a trusted resource available for continued advice and execution support as long as our clients need help.